Forum Ride Sharing Lakeview OHV (600 Acres)

With the price of gas going up you can discuss sharing a ride with someone that may live near you.

Lakeview OHV (600 Acres)

Page 1 of 1
moto721
Last name:
Well if the weather holds true it might be a great weekend to get out and ride. Is anyone going to be riding at the Lakeview OHV (also known as 600 Acres) on Sunday?
2whlrcr
Last name:
There should be about a bazillion quads there.
moto721
Last name:
Yea unfortunately there usually is. Other than Hawkeye Downs practice days, is there any other places to ride within an hour or so?
shawn drake
Last name:
I go out there most ever chance I get. For the most part you can rip it up out there with out running into to many other riders. It wasn't bad at all yesterday or today and it was packed today.
YZ250f
KX 144
kx250f
moto721
Last name:
Yea I have to agree Shawn. It usually isn't bad, today was pretty crazy though. I just rode hard for about an hour and a half and packed up. Without directional arrows it gets a little sketchy when too many people are out at once. Especially after spring and everything grows back, creating a lot of blind spots. Definitely a fun place to tear up for a few hours though, thankful for that!
shawn drake
Last name:
Its the side x sides that bother me. They come zippin around the bend and ya cant get out of the way fast enough. I heard there is a place just off hwy 1 heading to Kalona but I have never been there and don't really know for sure where or what. There are others but everything takes like an 1 1/2- 2 hours to get to from here. Guess it comes down to where you are!
YZ250f
KX 144
kx250f
moto721
Last name:
It's funny you say that, I almost had a head on collision with a can-am that was flying around the perimeter trail this weekend. I live in the Iowa City area so lakeview is pretty convenient. I'll have to see if I can't find more info on the place off Highway 1. Thanks!
Dan Myers
Last name:
I went out there this past Saturday to learn how to ride the new bike a bit better before Prophetstown and it was fairly packed.

Dirt was real nice for the most part. If you go towards the back sections and just practice the "hills" you don't run the risk of a collision as much. The endurocross track also never has anyone besides myself messing around on it.

If there are any trail riders in the future that go out there to have some fun let me know.
shawn drake
Last name:
moto721 wrote:It's funny you say that, I almost had a head on collision with a can-am that was flying around the perimeter trail this weekend. I live in the Iowa City area so lakeview is pretty convenient. I'll have to see if I can't find more info on the place off Highway 1. Thanks!

You and me both man. Was it the dude with the Mohawk driving?
Last edited by shawn drake on Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YZ250f
KX 144
kx250f
shawn drake
Last name:
Dan Myers wrote:I went out there this past Saturday to learn how to ride the new bike a bit better before Prophetstown and it was fairly packed.

Dirt was real nice for the most part. If you go towards the back sections and just practice the "hills" you don't run the risk of a collision as much. The endurocross track also never has anyone besides myself messing around on it.

If there are any trail riders in the future that go out there to have some fun let me know.

I myself go out there a lot. Between that and Bluff creek. PM me a number and your more than welcome to join in. I myself enjoy the mid section were you go up down and all around in the washouts. Not going to be any side by sides in there for sure.
Maybe run into ya at Ptown.
YZ250f
KX 144
kx250f

Who's online?