Forum Hare Scrambles Sioux Falls Race

Discussion of Hare Scramble topics

Sioux Falls Race

16 posts
del250
Last name:
What is up with the Sioux Falls race? The description is crazy, is that for real?
ben miller
Last name:
Well at least they're honest. My hardest crashes of the season both happened in that race, and I crash regularly. It's wide open from flag stake to flag stake. Like 60' wide trail that doesn't get burned in, ever. One lap you'll be fine, the next lap you might be 4ft from where you were last time and hit a rock the size of a football, or a rut hiding in the grass. And you'll be in 5th pinned when it happens.
shawn drake
Last name:
So its not in the woods. Still a physically demanding race. I enjoyed it. 2 hours in my opinion was not enough though. Could have gone 3 on this one.
YZ250f
KX 144
kx250f
ALF88
Last name:
Shawn and Ben did you see the schedule that the quads are racing ahead of the bikes and the 65/110 class is racing with A's,B's,C's, whathaveha. They start on the last row. That will be fun for the bikes dodging the little bikes in and out of the quad tracks. Just a thought.
del250
Last name:
The 65/110 class will be in the morning with the 50cc bikes. The 85cc mini's are with the big bikes. I talked to the guy on the listing and that is the way their series runs. He joked that the lappers will be the trees you have to dodge. He also said that the quads don't leave much of a mark, like ruts and such. They just beat the grass down so the path is easier to see and you don't get off course. He did say that it is a rough course and that the 1 hour classes will be happy that it is only 1 hour. Better set my clickers a little stiffer.
ALF88
Last name:
This is not to IERA specs and rules. They take a sanction from IERA and should run IERA rules.
del250
Last name:
Which part is not to the IERA rules? The only thing I can see is the mini's running with the big bikes. How are the OMA's run with IERA? Do they have 2 sets of classes, one for OMA and one for IERA? There is nothing in the rules anymore about cosanctioned races like there used to be. My guess is that the are running the length of race of their riders since we are only there once a year with limited numbers.
Steve Millsap
I believe what Alfy is referring to is the quads are to be run after the bikes. But i'm still checking. My thought anyway.
How about it Alfy?
shawn drake
Last name:
Quad tracks will not be an issue at this place so what ever floats their boat. And if I had to guess with the extra riders it will still be less overall count of bikes than at any of the other races, so the 85s shouldn't be an issue. I wish people would quit doggin on this race. Every race has its own challenges. Just so happens this one lacks on timber like keithsburg lacks on flat ground and council bluffs lacks on dirt over sand. I dig it and will see ya"ll next weekend.
YZ250f
KX 144
kx250f
Steve Millsap
I would like to see all the clubs put up a race description as Sioux Falls did on this page. Should be no questions there.
ALF88
Last name:
My point here is that the IERA and their member clubs do not run Quads. There are no classes for quads. Yes, Gusse runs quads, But After and not during the MC event. When Ross/Spencer negotiated the break away from the District 22; one of the reasons to break away from the district and form The IERA was the conflict of 3-4 wheelers running with the bikes. Meaning the IERA would be strictly 2 wheels for off road scramble and legal enduro events. I have no problem with the quads racing after the bikes and not mixed in between the mc classes. SVCC seems to do what they want to and not follow the rules of the sanction. Shawn Drake you say it won't matter. They run rain or shine. Are you going out there in the mud on two wheels to run in their two track grooves if the 60% chance happens? I hope it doesn't rain. Last year I thought it was a very interesting race for our IERA riders. Something different and very challenging to all the riders. I know their tongues were dragging without the trees.
All I am saying is run the quads after the bikes. The bike races are over and the SVCC can do whatever they want to. Why ruin an IERA event?
If it rains, it will be very interesting for the camera people with the riders slip sliding on the hard clay and sidehill off camber layout to get the miles. ALF has spoken and raising hell again. Thanks for the challenge back to the forum Millsap.
shawn drake
Last name:
I stand by my previous comment!
YZ250f
KX 144
kx250f
ben miller
Last name:
Go get 'em Drake! Ride smart, and don't listen to any 12 year olds telling you to double the tire pit.

Ben
shawn drake
Last name:
I try not to listen to anyone. Normally ends badly. Lol
Especially when it's youngins.
YZ250f
KX 144
kx250f
brad kennard
Last name:
ALF88 I have know idea where your info came from for the formation of the IERA. What you are referencing wasn't a topic.

Mini's (youth) racing at the same time as adults is not a good idea. If it is an AMA event you have voided the insurance. People have badly injured and killed when this mix happens. While it may seem neat to measure how fast little ------- against the adults it can end badly for either party. This
is a safety issue.

Who's online?