Forum Hare Scrambles Results

Discussion of Hare Scramble topics

Results

Page 1 of 1
Dan Myers
Last name:
Well, I had a good topic started and soon as I went to post it, the site had me re-login and I lost the post, unfortunately. So the below is a quick summary.

1.) Are we able to get the PDF versions of results posted from the past two races? I know we're currently working through issues on the site to post the results without deleting the previous race result.
2.) If yes, as a band-aid, it would be helpful as we can convert the PDF to an excel spreadsheet and through a quick few formats you could get what you're looking for. See two attached pictures as an example from Prophetstown's afternoon lap times. I like using these to compare against other classes. I also use it to show outliers. Highlighted item is 2 Standard Deviations below (faster than) the average.
3.) If we're able to get lap time PDF files from the previous races, I would be happy to help convert to an excel spreadsheet and provide this until we're able to work the bugs with the website's results.
4.) Scoring is coming along and the team that does it is doing a good job getting past the hurdles they are encountering with the system so a big thank you to them as they are often looked as the scapegoats for issues.
Attachments
Lap 7 - Overall.gif
Lap 7 - Overall.gif (38.72 KiB) Viewed 1371 times
Class Compare.gif
Class Compare.gif (28.12 KiB) Viewed 1371 times
ben miller
Last name:
I'd like to see the Brooks results as well.

Trevan can probably take care of that.
thetzel
First name: Trevan
Last name: Hetzel
Hey guys, first off, sorry on what's going on with the results. I'll try to give a description of what's going on, just so everyone is aware:

The platform that Gary built several years ago to display results on the website was built to pull data from a single database, as that is how our scoring system is supposed to be used - one database with multiple race entries. That way, all rider IDs and race IDs stay the same. However, at the beginning of the year and then recently at Jefferson and Brooks, our scoring crew has created a brand new database starting all over with event and rider IDs. This essentially makes it so that if I would upload those results, it would wipe out all the results from the past. I wrote some code at the beginning to preserve previous years while still allowing this year's to be uploaded, but that went out the window when another new database was created at Jefferson. So now if I upload Jefferson, Prophetstown would get overridden (which it did). I can't keep doing that for every race, as it'd be pointless.

SO the officers are trying to work with the scoring crew to make sure he uses the same database going forward. I really hope he does. But going forward, let's say he uses the same database at Logan that he did Brooks. That would allow us to upload everything this year from Brooks on. Races previous to that this year I'll still have to show in PDF form, there's just no way around it (I've talked with Kirk Sessions, the guy that created our scoring system, about it).

Now to the original question, yes, I will try to upload each race in PDF or Excel format as a band-aid. Gary Barber still formats the results and turns them into PDFs after Collin sends them to him, so I will have to make sure he has all of them.

And lastly, just FYI, I don't think we've ever been able to get PDFs from OMA races because, while they use the same scoring system as us (sort of), they don't send us exports. However, I will start emailing Monte and see if they can send me them so we can have a full record.

Sorry if this doesn't make any sense, but just trying to be transparent here.
Dan Myers
Last name:
thetzel wrote:Hey guys, first off, sorry on what's going on with the results. I'll try to give a description of what's going on, just so everyone is aware:

The platform that Gary built several years ago to display results on the website was built to pull data from a single database, as that is how our scoring system is supposed to be used - one database with multiple race entries. That way, all rider IDs and race IDs stay the same. However, at the beginning of the year and then recently at Jefferson and Brooks, our scoring crew has created a brand new database starting all over with event and rider IDs. This essentially makes it so that if I would upload those results, it would wipe out all the results from the past. I wrote some code at the beginning to preserve previous years while still allowing this year's to be uploaded, but that went out the window when another new database was created at Jefferson. So now if I upload Jefferson, Prophetstown would get overridden (which it did). I can't keep doing that for every race, as it'd be pointless.

SO the officers are trying to work with the scoring crew to make sure he uses the same database going forward. I really hope he does. But going forward, let's say he uses the same database at Logan that he did Brooks. That would allow us to upload everything this year from Brooks on. Races previous to that this year I'll still have to show in PDF form, there's just no way around it (I've talked with Kirk Sessions, the guy that created our scoring system, about it).

Now to the original question, yes, I will try to upload each race in PDF or Excel format as a band-aid. Gary Barber still formats the results and turns them into PDFs after Collin sends them to him, so I will have to make sure he has all of them.

And lastly, just FYI, I don't think we've ever been able to get PDFs from OMA races because, while they use the same scoring system as us (sort of), they don't send us exports. However, I will start emailing Monte and see if they can send me them so we can have a full record.

Sorry if this doesn't make any sense, but just trying to be transparent here.

Hi Trevan,

Makes perfect sense as I often time work with large databases in access or excel looking for reliability trends for aircraft! What you provided is very much appreciated and provides good insight.

I think the only thing I really care about is getting the information out there. I think most people, in general, would be happy to see an excel spreadsheet and a PDF for the races uploaded to an archive on the site.

Again, thanks for all the work you guys do on the site and the continued work getting everything figured out. I imagine Gary hasn't provided anything on Brooks because he knows he'll be kicked to AA where he belongs after people see his lap times! lol

Who's online?