Forum Hare Scrambles IERA Electronic Scoring Contractor Opening

Discussion of Hare Scramble topics

IERA Electronic Scoring Contractor Opening

18 posts
mike black
Last name:
IERA Members,

The IERA is seeking an Electronic Scoring Contractor for the 2018 IERA Hare Scramble Series. This is a compensated position, which requires full control of transporting trailer and equipment, set-up, scoring, results reporting, tear-down, management of maintaining of the IERA trailer, and electronic scoring equipment.
The person/persons will provide feedback and communication to the IERA Officer Team, on a regular basis.
Scoring observations, and questions, will be welcome at any event during the remainder of the 2017 series. Training to the selected person/persons will be provided prior to the 2018 series.
Our family orientated off-road series is rapidly growing, and we are looking for some good, dedicated support, to keep our series one of the best around.
Interested parties, please contact Dale Iles, IERA President, at dale.iles@iera22.com
ben miller
Last name:
Mike,

Is there any possibility of running a different scoring system for the 2018 season? What would it take to bring this change about?

Asking for a friend.

Ben
SnoPro753
Last name:
Specifically what would it cost to implement Live Laps scoring?
dangerdave
Last name:
I would concentrate on finding someone that can accuracy use the current scoring system and post lap times on the iera Web page before switching to a 4th scoring system js.....
SnoPro753
Last name:
dangerdave wrote:I would concentrate on finding someone that can accuracy use the current scoring system and post lap times on the iera Web page before switching to a 4th scoring system js.....

With Live Laps you don't have to post it to IERA Webpage, it uploads it to the cloud every lap. You can see it immediately after the race on their webpage. It's sweet. The National Enduro series uses it, Urbancross ran it, its awesome.
dangerdave
Last name:
So this live laps sets itself up and signs people in and Starts scores and ends the race by itself!

Either your missing the point or I am, the scoring system isnt the problem,it's finding a person or groups of people to correctly set up and use the system. ESS is used to score all the GNCC races and has been for quite some time now. The iera has spent far to much money to date on the 3 scoring systems and trailer to be buying yet another one.

Until the officers find someone, or make every club learn and score their own races they will continue to have the same problems they are having now.

Tell you what,you go buy this system and all the stuff and learn how to score with it and contact the above link and I guarantee that they will hire you for the next season and you can get rich off of all the profits you make !
Chums
Last name:
Yeah Dave you are missing the point.

- The current system is last century's tech
- A new system needs to be easy enough for everyone to use
-Having our series rely on one person or a small team to score has not worked.
-Create less work for Officers while saving Clubs money

You are correct though that livelaps is already set up,starts it's self and ends itself, there is no work needed by the officer's to post results or points saving them time, it's as easy as using score cards, you get live results, can see results on a TV, don't need a bunch of equipment other than some phones and WiFi so the cost of equipment is considerably less than what we spent just last year. We don't need a trailer or a truck to pull all over the country either for equipment.

You've been out of the loop for awhile but if we go to this new system it's not going to cost the IERA anything if they don't want it to, because we have people willing to help with that.

You're also incorrect in that the GNCC is using a livelaps version and National Enduros does use livelaps now so i feel you have a little bitterness and miss information . D17 is picking it up for enduros as well as several other one time or yearly events.

Our main goal is for this to be easy, help take work off the shoulders of the points stewards, webmaster and President who has had to step in and score and get something we can do ourselves and not rely on people who have been unreliable long term, and then the clubs can avoid being extorted for $400-500 because they have no choice but to pay someone to score their race. So you should support that
dangerdave
Last name:
OK so then my question is why is the post that you are responding on for a person to transport and score races? I suppose instead of it being a compensated position it should state that you are able to extort $400-$500 bucks from each of the clubs anually.....yea I have been outta the loop for awhile , but to say I'm bitter and have been extorting money is a joke dude, and yes it has worked having one person or a small group run the scoring system in the past that's why they are looking for someone to keep doing it.......

I do agree with you that livelaps sounds like a pretty flashy and up to date scoring system,what I would do is buy the stuff you need to score a race with and then set it up at a race and do your thing and see the results! ........oh wait
Chums
Last name:
Seems like you have livelaps all figured out Dave, well done. Thanks for the help.
QUINTIN
Last name:
According to rule VI d ii each club will pay $400 PER EVENT that is electronically scored.
dangerdave
Last name:
Actually chubs Quintin has a point,the iera is willing to pay someone to do the scoring for the 2018 season. I think you may be a little bitter because the series doesn't want to switch their scoring system again, plus then if they switched to livelaps all the money they have spent on a trailer and equipment would be useless! I think they should stick to the plan of finding someone to run the current system.

And no I don't have livelaps all figured out, haven't even looked at it for a second.....you are the one who seems to have it all figured out per your last post!
Chums
Last name:
dangerdave wrote:Actually chubs Quintin has a point,the iera is willing to pay someone to do the scoring for the 2018 season. I think you may be a little bitter because the series doesn't want to switch their scoring system again, plus then if they switched to livelaps all the money they have spent on a trailer and equipment would be useless! I think they should stick to the plan of finding someone to run the current system.

And no I don't have livelaps all figured out, haven't even looked at it for a second.....you are the one who seems to have it all figured out per your last post!

I appreciate you admitting you don't know what your talking about Dave. Let's just let the grownups handle this one! Honestly, the more you say the funnier this gets.... :lol:
dangerdave
Last name:
What's your problem dude,why are you calling me names? You don't know me from adam,I'm simply giving my opinion on a subject that I happen to know about. I scored the series for 4 years with last century's software and never not once had a problem that couldn't be handled with a click of a button, it's people like you that talk talk talk made me not want to do it any more. If you'd like to continue to call me names I might just give you the opportunity at the next race....what do you say pal?
ALF88
Last name:
Can't we just go back to the score card system?
Why do we need to see results half way thru the event on a phone? You win - you win, .. you finish second - you are the first loser. Why do we need to know during the event? And lap results, WTH. It is nice to see results of the race on your phone before you get home. But face it - you rode the race -- you know the results. WTH . Be nice to lower the entry fee by $5.00 .....that cost to the club for the $400 is passed to the rider.
Seems like both of ya have been smoking the wacky weed.
Look at the attendance of enduros....it's all old farts. Not much young blood.
Enough said for now.
Dave
QUINTIN
Last name:
Speaking of race results I don't see any after June 4. Am I looking in the wrong place or they not posted after June 4?

Who's online?