Forum Enduros Dayton enduro

Discussion of Enduro topics

Dayton enduro

28 posts
tater63
Last name:
Does anyone know what style the Dayton enduro will be? Will it be the old timekeeping style or the new start stop format?
Thanks!
Ron Less
Last name:
Dayton enduro on August 10th will be a restart format similar to the national enduros. No timekeeping required.

Our club is currently working on the course. Riders can expect two test sections per loop with AA, A, and B riders riding three loops and all others riding two. A loop will be approximately 25 miles with gas back at the pits. Test section lengths will be approximately 16 and 6 miles.

A short section of public road will be closed to hold the event so no lights or license plate required. Start will be at the same location as our hare scramble start in recent years.

Plan to attend as the club does need everyone's support to make this a successful and ongoing event.

That's all I know for now.
Last edited by Ron Less on Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tater63
Last name:
Thanks Ron!
mike black
Last name:
Ron, Are the Super Seniors scheduled to ride three loops?
Mike Black
IERA Membership Director
mike.black@iera22.com
Ron Less
Last name:
Mike,

Too early to make that call. Depends on the course conditions, temps, etc.

That being said, I can not image the "youngsters" in the Super Senior class not wanting to ride the full course.

Will Bartlett be a restart format this year?

Ron
mike black
Last name:
We are still on the fence. Although, we still are having a lot of positive feedback for the traditional format.
Mike Black
IERA Membership Director
mike.black@iera22.com
zarfab
Last name:
Keep it traditional time keeper format if you can!!
David Czarnecki
2013 300 XC-W
razornpc
Last name:
Just an update: we have cut in a bunch of great new trail! We haven't had a chance to ride it yet but it's gonna be great! A couple little hills a new river bottom section and the harescramble course that we have used in years past.
2015 sponsors

Cycletech- www.mycycletech.com
Moose racing-www.mooseracing.com
Enduro Spec-endurospec.com
NUETECH TUbliss-tubliss.com
Pleasant Hill Chiropractic- http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pleasant- ... 1796964778
grunkster
Last name:
missed this enduro! will be there...is there a route sheet yet?
grunkster
Last name:
nevermind on the route sheet!! found on front page THANKS
Ron Less
Last name:
Dayton enduro prep is coming together very well. Route sheet is posted, arrows are going up, trophies are in our hands, and all check paperwork completed. Even got a 1/2" of rain yesterday which the course needed to keep the dust down. Weather looks good thru the weekend.

Note, our fender mounted scorecards do not have the cardboard backing so tape a flat piece to mount against on those concave KTM front fenders. Our treasurer was too cheap to buy the cardboard backed scorecards.

A special "thank you" goes out to Dawn Spencer (Jim's better half) and family for running one of our checks this year.

Two loops, two test sections per loop, restart format, no street legal requirements, ample time pauses, great trophies, concessions available, and our smiling faces. Should be a great weekend!
ChrisDamstrom
Last name:
Ok I was hoping it would get rained out...I blew the head gasket on my truck driving to the fremont hare scramble, and I am waiting for parts to rebuild my back brake, from blowing out the master cylinder during the fremont enduro .. So it looks like I will not have time to get my bike ready, let alone my truck :cry: If I'm not caught up with all the busy work I have to do, I will try to make it on Sunday to help out...

I also wanted to thank Ben Miller for helpin me out a bit so my son could make his 1st hare scramble on time ! ! Barely made it there with my engine overheating twice on the way there..
razornpc
Last name:
Entry fee: $45

$20 off if you've never ridden an enduro and your signing up for AMA for the 1st time.
2015 sponsors

Cycletech- www.mycycletech.com
Moose racing-www.mooseracing.com
Enduro Spec-endurospec.com
NUETECH TUbliss-tubliss.com
Pleasant Hill Chiropractic- http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pleasant- ... 1796964778
ben miller
Last name:
Chris we're gonna miss you. You want to run my Honda 150? I can put it in the truck tonight yet and meet you there. Just let me know.
ChrisDamstrom wrote:Ok I was hoping it would get rained out...I blew the head gasket on my truck driving to the fremont hare scramble, and I am waiting for parts to rebuild my back brake, from blowing out the master cylinder during the fremont enduro .. So it looks like I will not have time to get my bike ready, let alone my truck :cry: If I'm not caught up with all the busy work I have to do, I will try to make it on Sunday to help out...

I also wanted to thank Ben Miller for helpin me out a bit so my son could make his 1st hare scramble on time ! ! Barely made it there with my engine overheating twice on the way there..
ChrisDamstrom
Last name:
Appreciate the offer Ben ! I have a bike I would have rode (xr350) didnt have a way to get it there.. Had to finish pullin the heads off my truck, and go shopping for school supplies today, so I couldn't make it to help out..

How was the race today ! ? !

Who's online?