Forum Enduros Dayton enduro

Discussion of Enduro topics

Dayton enduro

28 posts
grunkster
Last name:
WOW that was everything I remember....and more!! Excellent course/layout, great soil, well run. Thanks guys and gals!!
ben miller
Last name:
Chris I didn't end up going to the race then so I don't know first hand, but heard that it was Erzburg-esc. Bikes breaking down and people quitting for fear for their lives.

I woke up still feeling the effects of Friday's trip to Adventureland. Evidently even The Inverter ride and bumper cars aren't fun for me anymore. Wonder how it is that I can thoroughly enjoy thrashing around the woods on my two stroke, but put me on an upside down ride and I feel dizzy for 3 days.

What's the word from those of you that rode the Dayton Enduro? Was it a good time?
brad kennard
Last name:
:D :shock: :D Thanks to the Dayton crew!!! Good challenging course, well marked, kept you on your toes. Those that didn't make you missed out. A couple slick spots 1st loop, 2nd loop tacky wish I didn't get a flat :cry:
dirtynenow
Last name:
I only made it to the bottleneck hill, but it was a pretty exciting course. I hope you guys keep the enduro for next year!
GOTDIRT
Last name:
Big thanks to the CIER for putting on this event. That was not an easy course to lay out for sure! I had a great day of riding some of the best Iowa can offer! :D
When the clutch drops the b.s. stops!
GOTDIRT
Last name:
I did have a night terror last night. All I could see was off camber trails! :shock:
When the clutch drops the b.s. stops!
bdavis
Last name:
Thanks to all the Dayton crew, that was some great trail lay out. The pucker hills got kind of fast towards the bottom. I had a blast, always one of my favorites. Thanks for all the hard work.
grunkster
Last name:
Will results be posted soon??
brad kennard
Last name:
As Enduro is not scored electronically it will be probably the end of the week or early next week at best. The scoring has to be reviewed and sorted. It is then sent to the points keeper (he is in the Dayton club which has an event this weekend) to enter.

Please be patient they don't want to drag it out any longer than necessary.
Ron Less
Last name:
Dayton enduro results have been sent to the IERA points chairman.

Thanks for all the positive comments on our enduro. Yes, it was a tight, tough, hilly event but that's the terrain we have to work with.

Thanks to all that chose to attend.
Eric Neu
Site Admin
Last name:
After running hare scramble after hare scramble, you get soft and forget how challenging truly technical enduro can be. Dayton was an absolute blast from start to finish. Also well run and organized by CIER. I will say the butt-pucker down hills were misleading only in that there were some scarier descents in the first section. Like the greased up downhill that ended with a 3 foot drop and hard left. Penalty for failure appeared to be a plunge through the trees into a river.

Anyway, glad to see the enduro is still alive and well.
:twisted:
Eric Neu
2011 KTM200 XC/W, 2013 KTM 85 SX, 2009 Yamaha TT-R 50, 2003 KTM 50 Senior Adventure, and 1970 Honda Trail 70
Rides for fun
Last name:
Thanks to all who put this event on, it was a blast. Had a great time right up to the moment half way or better in to lap #2 when I put my bike up side down in to a ravine that I had no chance of pulling it out of. Special thanks to the sweep crew, or I might still be there.
pange411
Last name:
I had a blast at this one. So much fun I might attempt another enduro in the future. I was impressed with how well this course was marked. Thank you!
Andrea Huse
2012 KTM 150 XC

Who's online?