Morrison Enduro

20 posts
dirtynenow
Last name:
Who is putting on this 2015 event?
Nicholas Nenow
dangerdave
Last name:
some guy who goes by bill gusse......havent heard much about him....
dirtynenow
Last name:
Bummer, and it looks like we lost Winterset
Nicholas Nenow
dirtynenow
Last name:
I wonder if this Bill knows that enduros actually have to start at 10:00am, how will he let all his locals practice with that early of a start time?
Nicholas Nenow
Ktmman
Last name:
Will ride the day before . You have a choice no one will make you ride .
dirtynenow
Last name:
So if you show up the day before you get to run the course?
Nicholas Nenow
brad kennard
Last name:
I believe Danger is yanking your Chain. I think it is a WFO Event they used to have one in Morrison.
dirtynenow
Last name:
I see there is no Geneseo event, that will make me sad.
Nicholas Nenow
Jim Spencer
Last name:
Don't be too sad Nick. I heard next years Morrison enduro will be put on by the WFO guys, the same guys who did the Geneseo event the last few years. Some of last years workers will not be helping (probably riding) but others will be putting up arrows and clearing trail. It's not on the IERA schedule but I sure plan on riding it. A real fun, quality enduro.
2whlrcr
Last name:
dirtynenow wrote:I see there is no Geneseo event, that will make me sad.

There is still a Geneseo enduro. The IHSRA decided to schedule a hare scramble on top of it.
Layton
Last name:
2wheels is correct. There will be both the dual sport and enduro the last weekend in September 2015 in Geneseo as usual.

I don't know anything about the enduro in Morrison in the spring but I do know it will not be put on by the guys that put on the Geneseo events.

As far as there being a hare scramble on the same day as our enduro, we certainly hope that doesn't happen. We've had this date for a long time and are pretty much locked into it. We have to deal with 15 plus land owners and they not only expect us to use the same date; they make plans around that date.

Hopefully the enduro riders from Iowa will attend since enduros and dual sport events are few and far between.
dirtynenow
Last name:
I skipped the OMA event last year to race Geneseo and I will do it again this year.
Nicholas Nenow
Chums
Last name:
Yes, will definitely be doing Geneseo again this year. Last year was my 1st time and all the landowners throwing parties along the course was AWESOME! All the people made it as fun as the great course! Thanks Layton
FlyinRyan
Last name:
The Morrison enduro is being put on by Monte Gusse, Bill's son for those that don't know. He formed an AMA club just to put this enduro on for the IERA and D17 riders. Sure hope everyone supports this enduro so it continues.

It's sad to see that Geneseo is not on the IERA schedule because of HS on the same date. Not sure why the IERA can't have both on the same date and let the riders choose where they want to go. Also a shame that by not having Geneseo on the schedule it hurts a club that has supported the IERA for years.
MidwestEnduros.com
ForestCityRiders.com
brad kennard
Last name:
Thanks Ryan,

Morrison- WILL NOT see me due to the promoter.

Geneseo- I agree with you. I will be at Geneseo. Although vague General rule 22 somewhat states a enduro takes priority over H.S.. Also last year Geneseo was on the same same day as a H.S..

Who's online?