Forum Enduros Dayton Points

Discussion of Enduro topics

Dayton Points

Page 1 of 1
razornpc
Last name:
points are up

let me know if anything looks out of order.
2015 sponsors

Cycletech- www.mycycletech.com
Moose racing-www.mooseracing.com
Enduro Spec-endurospec.com
NUETECH TUbliss-tubliss.com
Pleasant Hill Chiropractic- http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pleasant- ... 1796964778
ALF88
Last name:
:oops: I have a problem with the points from our point steward that he would give himself work points and average points for an event that he did not attend.
Article 15 in the rules simply state to receive points for an event worked ... they must help layout AND (not or) work the event. Our point steward DID not attend the day of the events to work. He was off riding another enduro in Tennessee. This is not Right ... that he give himself these 45 points.
I protest!!
ALF88
Last name:
I would understand if he was sick and in the hospital or at someone's funeral. But not participating in someone else's event!!!
He should not get these 45 points. :oops: :oops:
dangerdave
Last name:
Looks like shaggy and scoob just stumbled onto another mystery folks!

It's the case of the disappearing worker points.......let's investigate,come on pals!

:roll:
razornpc
Last name:
I was there.... In spirit.

:roll:
2015 sponsors

Pleasant Hill Chiropractic- http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pleasant- ... 1796964778
ALF88
Last name:
Danger .. the points have not disappeared yet. Those 45 unearned points are still THERE!

Razor, spirit does not count. Any one that screams about going by the rules is you. You know better. Now make those 45 points disappear. Of all people you need to go by the rules...just because you control the keys strokes to put these points up does not make RIGHT.
dangerdave
Last name:
Good job alffie! He took it down,

now let's figure out how they level the woops out every year at keithsburg the week before the race and they somehow reappear the day before........now that's a mystery!
ALF88
Last name:
No! Danger, he didn't take the 45 ave. points down they are still there. He needs to man up and do it!
I don't know what happens with those whoops. They do not stay disappeared and they grow the day of the event.

I am still protesting! :oops:
dangerdave
Last name:
I know that in the past if someone had a protest about a club or person that broke the rules the day of an event,they would contact the iera referee and have them make a ruling on the situation.

Alot of the time certain rules are swept under the rug like during an AMA event, it is against AMA rules to have ANY kind of man made obstical (motocross jumps,endurocross sections ect.)in them!

This may be one of those instances where a person worked a lot on the trail but was unable to be there the day of the event. Just my 6 cents worth.....[/quote]
ALF88
Last name:
That is not the case here. He chose to race an event in Tn. and it was his choice.
Rule states a member must work the event and he didn't. Plain and simple.
I was hoping he would man up and I would not have to put the protest to the referee since he is a IERA officer. Not the case so far. He has not removed the 45 points.
razornpc
Last name:
I wish I would have earned 45 points!
2015 sponsors

ALF88
Last name:
That's right! Jamie Razor you did not earn the 45 points in the AA class or the 42 points in A overall YOU put in for yourself. You DID not earn them because you weren't THERE.
What if all of the club members had left for the weekend to ride the TKO. There would not have been an event.
Wasn't this selfish of you to do this? How can you look into the eyes of these other club members that worked the event for those two days and not wonder what they think of you now? ESPECIALLY when you put points in for yourself and you weren't there. (Because you could...you are the point steward) No! You were off enjoying the pride of riding the TKO. Big time rockstar TKO racer. How can you look into their eyes and feel right?

I know how you can. REMOVE THE POINTS!
dangerdave
Last name:
OK there alffie....here's the thing, any person that is a club member who helps put together a race and cuts trail and works their ass off should get worker points. When was the last time you went out in the woods and helped out? It doesn't matter if he was there the day of the race or not,he's a card carrying club member who has done more for the club and the series than you will ever will! My advice to you is.....join a club go cut trail and sweat your ass off for weeks on end and spend your gas money and time just to have some as hole tell you that you didn't earn 45 freaking points cause you weren't there the day of an event........my guess is your somebody's grandpa or dad who's mad cause those 45 points are keeping your boy from being one more spot closer to the podium.....am I close?
ALF88
Last name:
Okay folks, the referee has made his decision and the points will stand. I do not agree, but will go with his decision.

As for you Danger, you are right on. I am someone's grandpa, but my grandson is not a A rider so it does not effect his points on this issue. What does effect him is that the letter of the rule was not followed! Because in a previous scramble this year a rider got average points and was not at the event. Grandson is not in the top ten and I am going no further with the issue.

Danger, I was in a club for 35 years in the Kansas/Missouri series and I certainly know the cost, loss of family time and the stress to put on an event. None of our members would have missed the day of the event (unless they were in the hospital or on their honeymoon) or they would not be members any longer.

I would like to see the referee post why he made the decision he did here on he forum!

So I rest my case for now.
Dave
dangerdave
Last name:
Welcome to the iera,where some of the rules are followed by some of the people sometimes!

I've been in the same spot as you sir, clearly rules weren't followed and the powers that be pushed it under the rug and left me looking like an idiot......part of the reason I don't score the harescrambles anymore.

What good is the rule book if they don't follow them?......I'll stick to trail riding lol

Who's online?