Forum General cycle talk Duane Eller

Anything related to motorcycling

Duane Eller

Page 1 of 1
Ron Less
Last name:
Midwest riders have lost one of our true off-road heros this past week. Duane Eller from WI passed away after a long battle with cancer. Anyone who ever met Duane will remember his very out-going personality, love of enduro racing, his strong never-say-die will to win, AND his ability to create stories we will talk about for years. He frequented Iowa enduros for years and was well respected by all that knew him. RIP Dewey.

The following is from the Midwest Enduro website, authored by Ryan Moss:

Fellow Enduro Rider Zero'd his last check:
Unfortunately we lost a Midwest Enduro legend yesterday morning to cancer; Duane "Dewey" Eller. Duane was a huge part of District 16 enduros and the Madison Motorcycle Club for as long as a I can remember. Dewey was not only one of the top riders for years but he was a one of the nicest guys at the races and had the best stories. If you ever had the pleasure of attending the old Black River Falls, WI enduro riders meeting given by Dewey you know what a character he was. Dewey was also a never quit old school rider that we don't see a ton of anymore. As a kid I watched him with a broke bike at the gas stops but would always figure out a way to fix it, then keep racing and usually win. Seeing him do that along with the other "old school" riders stuck with me and definitely made me a better rider. Sure going to miss Dewey's smiles and stories!!

Who's online?